If you guys wanna laugh your ass off, watch me attempting to do the single leg squat jumps in the video below. SO BRUTAL! But our frisbee technique… I have one word: Solid.
This is the first time Ashton and I have really worked out together in a year (since Rio!), and it’s crazy to think about because we used to work out together EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. It’s important to make sure the whole family get enough exercise but workouts can be too intense for children. Instead, you could get them a tennis coach for kids.
Since you guys have been asking me to share some of the workouts we’ve been doing lately, here ya go! We were thinking in the fall (after my marathon is over), it might be fun to make up a weekly high-intensity workout to do together and share with you guys. Thoughts? Would you be interested in this?
To do this, we went to the turf fields in Eugene, just south of Hayward Field. One of the roads around there also has a hill that we wanted to use. But of course, we wouldn’t suggest doing this workout without telling you that you should make sure that you’re wearing the relevant clothing, like these workout sweats, so that not only will you feel comfortable, but they will allow you to make any sort of motion without feeling restricted. When it comes to the workout like the one we’re about to tell you about, this has never been more important to consider. So without further ado, here’s the workout:
The Warm Up
2 lap run around the turf field, agility drills (carioca, side shuffles, high knees, backward running, skipping), and some strides.
- 100M run –> jumping jacks (x 10) –> 100M run –> TRX single leg squat jumps (x 5/leg) –> square shuttle run –> TRX rocking plank core (x 10) –> square shuttle run –> 100M hill sprint –> jog back (2 MIN RECOVERY)
- 100M run –> push ups –> 100M run –> TRX pull ups (x 10) –> square shuttle run –> TRX 3 motion swings (x 5 each way) –> square shuttle run –> 100M hill sprint –> jog back (2 MIN RECOVERY)
- 100M run –> burpees (x 10) –> 100M run –> TRX hammy curls (x 10) –> square shuttle run –> TRX double arm fly (x 10) –> square shuttle run –> 100M hill sprint –> jog back (1.5 MIN RECOVERY)
- 100M run –> boat to low boat (x 12) –> 100M run –> TRX oblique raises (x 10/side) –> square shuttle run –> TRX seated to inverted plank (x 10) –> square shuttle run –> 100M hill sprint –> jog back (1.5 MIN RECOVERY)
- 100M run –> v-ups –> 100M run –> TRX pikes (x 10) –> square shuttle run –> pull ups/mountain climbers (x 30) –> square shuttle run –> 100M hill sprint –> jog back (1.5 MIN RECOVERY)
The Cool Down
We tried to play frisbee but failed miserably. Basically we didn’t do one.
After every good workout you should make effort to help your recovery. Some people take cold showers to help their muscles, I know my friends take CBD Capsules and I enjoy a lot of water and a massage.
We got home and demolished this Chocolate PB Protein Smoothie. A bit of sweetness with 40 grams of protein per serving to help repair the muscles from all those shitty squat jumps.
Chocolate PB Protein Smoothie
NUTRITION FACTS: (per serving, not including toppings) Calories: 630 Total Fat: 37g Saturated Fat: 13g Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.8g Monounsaturated Fat: 1.2g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 351mg Potassium: 886mg Total Carbohydrates: 55g Dietary Fiber: 17g Sugars: 19g Protein: 41g
- 1 cup cauliflower, steamed
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 3 tbsp peanut butter (I used Wild Friends)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp coconut butter
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Step 1 Put all ingredients into a high powdered blender and blend until smooth.
- Step 2 Add your favorite toppings. I did blueberries, shredded, unsweetened coconut, chocolate chips, and a bit more pb.